The physical and mental benefits of therapeutic massage and Reiki include:
- Relief of muscle soreness
- Enhanced athletic performance and increased flexibility
- Fostering faster healing of strained muscles and ligaments
- Reduced heart rate and blood pressure
- Strengthened immune system
- Helping to relieve mental stress
- Reduced anxiety
- Promoting a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helping to relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Improved posture
Reiki is an ancient Japanese hands-on healing technique that can be used in conjunction with therapeutic massage. It can enhance faster healing, relieve stress, reduce anxiety, and it promotes an increased awareness of the mind-body connection.
Regular massage can relieve stress and help to promote a long and healthy life. Massage reminds your body of the pleasure of taking time out.
Massage realigns the entire body and promotes deeper and more natural breathing patterns. The moments spent in a massage are an opportunity to experience oneself as completely accepted.
Massage therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques and other adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
Therapeutic massage has been proven to be very beneficial, not only to relieve the symptoms associated with certain medical conditions, but also to help deal with the stressors of every day living. The calming effects of massage on the nervous system often produce a sense of serenity and well-being.
Massage involves holding, causing movement of soft tissue, and/or applying pressure to the body. It comes in many forms, including:
- Swedish – a gentle, relaxing massage
- Trigger point therapy – applies concentrated finger pressure to painful irritated areas in muscles to break cycles of spasm and pain
- Sports massage – which focuses on muscle groups relevant to the particular sport
Massage is a gift to yourself. Call us to give yourself the gift today.